Cat


Meet Cat, the neighbour's... well, cat. Ever since he got lost to our home couple days ago, he seems to be visiting a lot.

He came again this evening, while I was frying sausages and egg. (Our house is being re-painted for more than a week now. And the dust is driving us insane, my Aunt doesn't even want to cook anymore.)

Cat (I don't know his real name) is a snobbish hybrid. He doesn't linger on your feet, wanting to be hugged or petted. He will run to every direction in the house, smelling every corners. Or sit calmly in the newly-painted kitchen, not even bother to look at people who's calling him.

This evening Cat brought a new toy. A cockroach. Normally, I would say it gross. But Cat seemed to enjoy his play-date a lot. He would let the poor cockroach go, only to run catching it agan. Let free, run catching.

Few times Cat left cockroach lying on its back and it would play dead. Then Cat would check up on him. Once Cat finished helping cockroach on its feet, cockroach would run and Cat would be on his hunt again.

I found cockroach to be disturbing ever since I read Kafka's Gregor Samsa who turned into insect. It's supposed to be beetle, but Kafka's description about the insect also matches cockroach.

Anyway, finally the tiny body of cockroach could not take it anymore. It finally laid lifeless on the backyard.

Cat seemed to be quite taken aback. He tried to wake up the cockroach, but it just wouldn't move. Finally he gave up and moved away.

Then Cat sat calmly, now under the toilet. Ignoring my old, "Here kitty kitty Cat..."

about me

Foto saya
Contact me: devy.nandya@gmail.com