prodigy

I've been sick for 3 days now, high fever followed by feels-like-never-ending-stomach-cramps. The genius Aji told me I probably caught 'masuk angin'. But yesterday night the pain was excruciating that my aunt finally took me to an internist.

And she said I caught bronchitis.

I don't really understand the connections between lungs and bilge, but long story short, doctor order, I have to put on total rest for the rest of the week. Meaning: no class, no jalan-jalan, no exam. She said I was under a lot of stress lately, which is weird, I never feel like I was.

Anyway, so today I spent the whole afternoon blog walking. I'm always kind of curious with the blog of Tavi Gevinson. I mean, this 14-year-old fashion blogger had shoots for TeenVogue Magazine last year. And, as reported by NY Magazine, had turned down request to appear on Oprah and The Tonight Show. Man.., this chick gets the guts.

Almost as gutty as Anna Wintour, who ordered Oprah to lose 20 lbs before The Queen of American Talk Show could put her face on the cover of Vogue.



Style Rookie, that's Tavi's blog, may not be entirely different from any other fashion blogs. But the fact that a 14-year-old girl is writing these articles: Whoaaa.. I don't remember what I wrote when I was her age, but I'm pretty sure it's not something I could be proud of.

She wrote about Briney Spears' cover shoot for Japanese magazine, Pop. Adding some fine piece of her mind about lolita fetishes, she mentioned about how Spears was sold under pretense of virginal yet sexy school girl. She also compared the princess with Courtney Love, who (as Tavi said it) popularized the trend Kinderwhore.

I think I'm a fan.


This is Tavi's response to the possibility of people get bored of her after some years, when she enters adulthood, as reported by NY Magazine.

“I guess that’s sort of a worry of mine,” she said. “That I won’t be relevant anymore, and then I just won’t be able to do things like go to Fashion Week.” She went on, “If I lost all my readers tomorrow, I would still blog, just because it’s a place for me to get my thoughts down. As I get older, no one will be able to do the ‘Can you believe it? This kid’s thirteen!’ thing. That’s fine. I’d rather get attention for any credibility I have, and if I don’t get attention at all maybe that will tell me I never had any credibility. In which case I’ll just watch the live streams. The main thing is the clothes."

about me

Foto saya
Contact me: devy.nandya@gmail.com