Best Mistake I've Ever Made

I was trying to sleep. On my bed, eyes closed, ready for slumber to take me in. But..., it didn't. And while I was figuring out why the hell I couldn't sleep (just then I remember I should've not had coffee in the evening), something just came up.

It's always been like that, some thoughts usually just come popping in my head at most unexpected time. Anyway, I was thinking about thing they call 'mistake'.

In making decision, especially important ones, we usually think so hard about it. When it doesn't feel right we think and think and think again until it does. And if it still doesn't, we just pick one, close our eyes and hope it's the right thing to do. If I should pick between off-white ballet shoes and those back-on-trend oxford pumps, that would be hard. The ballet shoes certainly more useful for I can wear it daily and I'd been wanting those since first time I saw them on Elle. While the pumps... I don't do clubbing and if I wear those shoes on special occasion like wedding reception I will be taller than like 3/4 of entire guests. But those oxfords was super-gorgeous, I think I was going to faint when I first saw it. This was when common sense and lust battling against each other.

I already think over and over and over... and still haven't decide if 'think too much' is ever exist. I think the right words are more like 'worry too much'. I mean, even Einstein say 'learn from yesterday, hope for tomorrow, and live for today'. I'm certain Einstein did that thinking thing more frequently than the rest of us. So I don't see there's connection between 'think too much' and not be able to live for now. But it's normal that when we're about to make decision, we're being haunt by fear 'what if what I was going to do was a mistake after all?'.

Well, in the case of shopping, either shoes I bought, there's possibility that I would've regret it later. Sebastian in Little Mermaid once said (or sang) 'the seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake'. It's not only talking about what you have and what other has. But also, talking about your real life and your what-if life. It's the basic character of every people, I guess, never being content of what we already have. When we're living this life, and at some point it didn't turn out okay, we would wonder what if that day we chose the other side of the road.

But accident just happens either on the right or the left side. Even when we drive safe, so be sure to put on your seatbelt. Then again, if it's already the time, you would still die even when you're wearing it.

I think mistake is not a mistake if we succeed to learn from it, so we won't make the same mistake twice. I learned that, hard way. It might sound cliche, but the storm does leave me stronger. So whichever path you choose, accept it. If it's right, cherish it. If it's wrong, learn from it. In the end, I'm sure we're all going to be just fine.

about me

Foto saya
Contact me: devy.nandya@gmail.com